Oct 25, 2012

DETAILS, DETAILS......I LOVE THEM!

I love all things "tiny" and "detailed". It's a natural for me, but I suspect most people don't like detailed things...too hard to see and maybe frustrating.  But I enjoy the challenge and intricacy of small designs, especially those involving royal icing, namely flowers.




The prep for royal icing flowers is easy. I use meringue powder as my base. The piping is a skill, but like with everything, persistence is key.



The "tiny" things I love involve small decorations - especially for the French Macarons. I know....they are sooo cute anyway, why spoil them? But I can't help myself.....I love the tiny toppings such as crystal sugars, dried edible flowers (here, hibiscus) and lavender buds.   And wait for a following post to come.....French Macarons with a very "young girl" in mind....can you guess the topping I used? Come back and visit my blog for a picture of what I baked and designed.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment