Aug 28, 2012

THINKING AHEAD....TO THE HOLIDAYS

Well, it's surely "my" time to start thinking about the holidays, as it pertains to creating, baking and detailing cookies. I continue to offer the "favorites" in addition to newly inspired ideas. I am constantly looking at not only baked items, but enjoy wandering through boutiques and shops for new ideas on flavors, colors and textures.

The photo gives you some insight into "what's new" in my kitchen. I will be offering "Spiced Chai" French Macarons dusted with cinnamon for fall and a great Eggnog buttercream to be tucked neatly inside of any macaron of your choice - albeit the "snowflake" design you see or the "swirly" red/white design. I know some of you like "all things French" as I do, and can also request dried edible lavender for the tops of the macaron shells. Any buttercream will complement them nicely:) How about edging the macaron with sweetened coconut? I think it looks like "snow".  Or large-crystal sugar on the tops to look like an icy-wintery scene? The possibilities are endless...truly.

And of course the Buttercream Coins can take on many other forms - like the holly leaf shape.  See it hiding in there?

So it will soon be "your time" to start thinking about the holidays.....it's never too early. I get booked quickly, so please think ahead about your holiday events coming up or giving a gift of "sweetness" to your special friends or family.

I look forward to making your gatherings special this season!

A bientot!


Inspiring quote: "When you become a good cook, you become a good craftsman, first.  You repeat and repeat and repeat until your hands know how to move without thinking about it." Jacques Pepin, French chef

No comments:

Post a Comment